Vocalist, Musician, & Songwriter
Hunter Storm™ (a.k.a., “The Metal Valkyrie™”) is a rock / metal lead vocalist and songwriter with unique sound, power, range, feel, and stage presence. Her vocals have been described as everything from “a choir of angels” to “screaming, purring, growling, erotic aggression.” That is because she sings many different styles of music, and has the ability to change her voice and tone to suit the style of the song. This has the effect of causing the listener to deeply feel and experience the emotions the song is trying to convey.
Storm has entertained audiences of up to 20,000 people. Classically trained dramatic soprano coloratura with over a 4 1/2 octave range. Trained by vocalist David Van Landing (Michael Schenker Group, Crimson Glory, Tony McAlpine, Mannekin, etc.) to hone power, tone, and metal edge. Backed David up at local gigs when he toured. Trained by international soprano Mimi O’Neill of the Mimi O’Neill Studio of Voice to develop control, technical skills, and vocal placement.
Opened as direct support for national acts such as Tesla, L.A. Guns, Lynch Mob, Bullet Boys, Raven, Sacred Reich, Pretty Boy Floyd, Sister Seven, Vixen, A Flock of Seagulls, and St. Madness. Opened for and shared the stage with Gilby Clark and his band (Mike Fasano, Phil Soussan, Ryan Roxie).
Her vocal influences include (in no particular order): Ronnie James Dio, Ray Gillen, Jeff Scott Soto, Rob Halford, Kevin Dubrow, Geoff Tate, Mark Boals, Anne Wilson, Pat Benatar, Don Dokken, David Van Landing, Mariah Carey, Miljenko Matijevic, Sandy Saraya, and Whitney Houston.
Storm attained a Worldwide Top 10 position only 3 days after joining ReverbNation. Due to over 3.5 million profile views in the first 3 days alone, she held the following Chart positions in Metal for 3 months (2014-2015):
• #9 Worldwide
• #6 National
• #1 Local
Hunter Storm grew up in a lively and musical family. Some of her earliest memories are of listening to her grandfather, a Missionary Baptist minister, play banjo on the front porch in the evenings. She also spent many happy family gatherings listening to her uncle play acoustic guitar while the entire family sang bluegrass, gospel, and classic rock standards…and often made up humorous songs as they played and danced.
She will never forget the first time she sang in public outside of family gatherings. She was 4 years old and sang the old gospel standard “I’ll Fly Away” solo in her church. Storm always loved singing, entertaining, and making people smile! She loved it so much that she studied music and sang first soprano in all-state choir throughout her school years. She also played bells, xylophone, marimba, and bass drum in both concert and marching bands. Storm put these experiences and training to use, and went on to front several original and cover bands over the years.
Model & Actor
She also hosted a rock music television show, Backstage Pass; as well as acted in local TV commercials for advertisers like MTV and Trails. Storm spent time as a professional dancer at major resorts, and worked as a live promotional model at large conventions for companies such as Ajax. Trained in modern jazz, modern, and Middle Eastern at E.B.A. School of Dance. Later, she ran a theatrical booking agency before moving into the corporate world. Performed in studios, radio voice-overs, and television commercials; hosted TV show; worked as live promotional model at trade shows and events.
Storm is the author of “Body by Storm” and the “Motorcycling by Storm” series. She also runs a website for new motorcyclists, ZStormGirl. Storm is a member of Mensa and is listed in both Who’s Who in America and Who’s Who in American Women.
Author of three books and three short stories in six different genres, three of which were in the Top 1000 Overall on Amazon (#380, #970, and #984).
Simultaneously charted in the following genres in the Amazon Kindle store:
* #1 in Motorsports
* #1 in 20th Century Poetry
* #1 in American Poetry
* #1 in Christian Holiday Easter
* #4 in Sci-Fi
* #6 in Health and Fitness
* #8 in Futuristic Romance
* #8 Fantasy Romance
* #11 in Healthy Living
* #12 in Romance
* #15 Literature
* #21 in Fiction
Storm is also a former Cat 1 inline speed skater with multiple first place podium finishes, including the Long Beach Marathon, Cactus Speed Classic, etc.. Her corporate sponsors included Polar Electro, BreatheRight, Camelbak, Ninja Performance Skate Products, Ski Pro/Ski Chalet, and Active.com. When she’s not writing or creating something, Storm enjoys kickboxing, bodybuilding, riding her motorcycle, reading, and spending time with family and friends.
Hunter Storm is a not only a vocalist, entertainer, and author. She is also an award-winning Information Security leader, speaker, and motorsports enthusiast. She is a member of Mensa and is listed in both “Who’s Who in America” and “Who’s Who of American Women.” Hunter was recently honored with the Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award for her contributions in Strategy, Technology, Architecture, Information Security, Governance, Risk, and Compliance in the financial services industry.
Hunter has held positions at several global Fortune 100 financial institutions; including Acting GISO (Group Information Security Officer), Systems Architect, and Site Lead ISE (Information Security Engineer) on a SOC IDS team. She was also the first CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) for a global domain registrar. Hunter held engineering and project management roles at other global enterprises in manufacturing, broadcast, etc.
She not only speaks at cybersecurity events; she served as a guest speaker to osteopathic medicine students at Midwestern. She currently holds a Green Group ProAutosports Performance Driving License. Hunter is also a Board Member of ACR (Arizona Corvette Racing): she is Director of Competition Events.
This diverse background has made Hunter widely known for her ability to explain technical terms in entertaining and novel ways. She has a reputation for being the most personable, fun cybersecurity expert most have ever spoken with because she translates from Geek to English and puts people at ease. She simplifies what others overcomplicate. Hunter has the unique distinction of being the only female, and likely the only person, with her background.
Myers-Briggs: ENTJ (“The Chief”)
Strategic Thinking – Strategic & Ideation
Executing – Achiever
Influencing – Competition
Relationship Building – Individualization
Current Bands: Commandment and Horns Up
Former Bands: Rock Addix, Asphalt Playground, Where’s Valentino, Valkyrie / Whiskey Blu
Guest Vocalist: Frankenshred
Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/hunter-storm
TV & RADIO
• Show Hostess—Backstage Pass
• Commercials— Infiniti of Scottsdale on Golf Channel, MTV Letter, Lone Butte Casino, Gentile’s Flooring, Trails Department Stores
• Voiceovers/Characterizations—Mike Gaube’s Headbangers show promo, KBZR Radio, Z Rock Radio
• Appearances: Mike Gaube’s Headbangers premier, Channel 8 News, Microsoft B-Fly Bladers promo, Las Vegas, NV; Channel 15 News, CES (Consumer Electronics Show); Channel 3 News, Empire State Trade Show.
• Karaoke Hostess
• Eastern Onion & Zing-A-Gram Singing Telegram Delivery
• All-State Choir—12 years soprano coluratura
LIVE PROMO, DANCE, & MISCELLANEOUS
• Trade Show Spokesmodel—Ajax Car Rental, Empire State Trade Show, etc.
• Fireland Faerie Festival: played the Faerie Queen
• Microsoft—B-Fly Blader inline skating
• nVidia Blader inline skating
• Matrix Hair Products Trend Girl
• Z Rock Radio Z Rockette live spokesmodel
• Haunted Hayride—Elvira, hayride monitor / announcer
• Catskill Mountain Resorts—Theatrical Dancer and Choreographer
• AMEDA (Arizona Middle Eastern Dance Association)—winner belly roll competition
• SAPAA Fashion Show runway model
• Miss Arizona Petite—top 10 contestant
• Lake George, NY—“Hot Legs” contest winner
• Nordstrom, Macy’s, JC Penney—perfume model
• AZSPF—presenter, technical topics
• UAT—guest instructor
• Wells Fargo technical training instructor
• visitalk.com—product demonstrator
• Midwestern University—guest lecturer
• ZStormGirl.com—training videos
• Magazines: Fitness, Ms. Fitness, Fitness Plus, Success: Hope Prevails; Sweat, 2000 Cactus Speed Classic; Java Magazine, “Street Fashion;” Trails Department Stores ads; Fast Lane Magazine; Where It’s Hot Magazine, Warhammer: Pittsburgh’s First Thrash Metal Fanzine, Featured Interview
• Internet: Network of the World, London, England for Consumer Electronics Show, Las Vegas, NV. Bont, Verducci, Raceplace Events, New Times, and Lowe’s Long Beach Marathon websites.
• Poster—Kolby’s Corner Pocket Billiards
• Newspapers: The Arizona Republic, Coyotes Runner’s Den 10K; New Times, New Times 10K; Long Beach Press-Telegram, Long Beach Half-Marathon; The Times Union, Mermaid portrayal at Empire State Trade Show, Albany, NY.
TRAINING / LICENSES
ACTING, VOICE, & DANCE
• Mimi O’Neill Studio of Voice & David Van Landing voice coaching
• E.B.A. School of Dance & L.A. Fitness Modern Jazz, Modern, Middle Eastern, Hip Hop, Salsa
• ASU Method Acting & Public Speaking
AUTO & MOTORCYCLE
• ProAutosports Performance Driving License
• Motorcycle Endorsement on driver’s license
• Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
• T.E.A.M. Arizona Motorcycle Training Advanced Riding Techniques
• IOS Track Days & XCEL Track Days
SPORTS & STUNTING
• Predator Speed & Penny Wright: inline speed skating
• Fred Villari Studios of Self-Defense & L.A. Fitness Shaolin Kempo Karate, kickboxing
• GolfTech & PGA SuperStore golf lessons
AWARDS RECEIVED & PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
• Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award
• Who’s Who in America
• Who’s Who in American Women
• 1st Place Cactus Speed Classic
• 1st Place Long Beach Marathon
• 1st Place Tucson Speed Classic 5K
• Active.com Active Elite Sponsored Athlete
• CAT 1 USA Inline Racing
• Communication Honors Program
Thank you for the FOLLOW, LIKE, SUBSCRIBE, BUY, and CONNECT: